Clan RGM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan RGM

Clan forum For clan RGM (WarcraftIII Frozenthrone)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want to make a map!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rodead
Admin
Admin
Rodead

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-02

I want to make a map! Empty
PostSubject: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2007, 13:37

if you want to make a map you need as first some exp with triggers object editor teraining i got 2 requests of people who wanted to make a map with me and they said yes come lets make a map and then when i started with making something i sended the map to the other one and he said o well i make some units and what i see is a standard warcraft 3 unit and evrywhere is in an outland area Fire Lord's as Hero and Lava Spawns and i said to him you must make custom units and he answered What is that? and i said do you know what object editor is and he answered NO So if you wanna make a map with someone me or anyone else or alone i give you some tips here they are

-start with easy maps like mellee maps or td's if you can't map
- if you don't understand triggers go look at others or try to learn something from copying
- don't ask someone to help you when you don't do anything
-and many more.

Greetz Rodead
Back to top Go down
http://www.rodead.com
Hitman94
Admin
Admin
Hitman94

Male Number of posts : 232

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2007, 16:18

yeah thats why i also made the capture the flag for some trigger experiance its abye easy for me but u can make the triggrs very hard if u like hard = short triggers
so dont think iaint a serious chieftain its for experciance other ppl may do it also
u can start wit ha td or somethign like it or a map with naga or whatever u like to explore the editor very importand the besic u need to know some eas ytriggers with lke td's and the object editor u need to know everything with the units thats the basics

and to let my capture the flag looks like a bit to a rpg i put in it a load save code to train a char the way to train it is different but let me do my thing with save load because pp lsay thats imba but i am not gonna save the char i only save xp and u can do things with that but u always start with 0 xp when the game starts ionly gonna use it for using other characters with other abilities
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanrgm.forumotion.com
alderman
alderman

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2007, 20:02

i want to make a map but i cant because i dont know how to do triggers Sad
I am veeerrryyy disapointed in my self
Back to top Go down
alderman
alderman

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2007, 20:04

so if anyone could help me with triggers or sumthin like that i would be very happy
Ill learn hard, promise study
Back to top Go down
Hitman94
Admin
Admin
Hitman94

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16 2007, 12:32

the best thing is try it out ur self much ppl in the clan start mappng around now and they dont know much about it like hitman hes making a death match iam making a capture the flag thats much harder to make but i know more about editing if u want to start try to start with heroes that fight each other and then u can add some things and if u want help add me on msn or ask me on warcraft i will learn u the basics first u should know object editor called MUI
then the trigger i will make a story of it in a other topic how to learn the basics i will writhe a big story of it if u still got problems then just ask me

mabye i could do that earlyer Razz but i will writhe it down now in mapping helper
Back to top Go down
Hitman94

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16 2007, 19:04

OFC it's fun mapping Razz But takes long time scratch But i can't wait till my map is done Smile Hope many ppl wanna play it! jocolor

Fear me
Back to top Go down
burgerman3
burgerman3

Male Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2007, 08:56

i wish u good luck hitman

Last edited by on Thu Jul 19 2007, 00:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hitman94
Admin
Admin
Hitman94

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2007, 12:15

i have writhen the script first make the terrai nand units then the trigger works come

to make a custom terrain go to advanced and then the first one ts need to be soemthing called by tileset mabye custom tileset try to find it then u can make like lava + ice grounds normaly u cant find it but u can put ti here al togetter (the ones who are red u cant put in or out) they are standart and its like the hills when u make a hill lvl ground...
and the custom unit i made a editor of it at the start it looks llike very much work but latly it isnt if u know everything Razz like me because its goign so fast:P wel uthe thing is its not mean to be don its mean that u learn somthing fomr it so u can make next time a better map Smile
Back to top Go down
burgerman3
burgerman3

Male Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2007, 00:07

well im doing a map with hitman now. we split work cause i dotn know shit bout terrain xD.
i just try to do as much as i know xD
Back to top Go down
Hitman94

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2007, 22:25

ofc we split work since i don't know a shit about triggers Very Happy

I can learn about it, just that isn't it better with 2 ppl working together, one doing terrain/ideas/units and one makes spells/triggers
Back to top Go down
alderman
alderman

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2007, 22:26

oh boy i cant wait till my map is done
Back to top Go down
Anti_Dogss
new guy
new guy
Anti_Dogss

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2007, 16:11

how i trigger is the only i need to me map

I NEED HELP!!
Back to top Go down
Hitman94
Admin
Admin
Hitman94

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2007, 16:22

well if that is the first post uever posted here Razz anyway if u need help the best thing is to start easy to make a meelee map with kinda dungens that are the easest maps i can help u with that just add me on msn my msn is standing in my profile information
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a map!   I want to make a map! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I want to make a map!
Page 1 of 1