Clan RGM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan RGM

Clan forum For clan RGM (WarcraftIII Frozenthrone)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basics Object Editor - Unit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hitman94
Admin
Admin
Hitman94

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Basics Object Editor - Unit Empty
PostSubject: Basics Object Editor - Unit   Basics Object Editor - Unit Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16 2007, 13:41

the easyest maps u can create are a tower defence or heroes that fight with each other the game should not be dont on the end i never had that at the start my capture the flag is my first real finished map and playable Razz its meant that u learn something from it anyway first u should start learning object editor

object editor: object editor is making custom units/items/abilities that are the basic of object editor the other u can inorg well mnabye u could use upgrades
well if u want to make a custom thing let we say unit thats the basic u need to know u can t use abilities or items iwth out a hero well if u want to make a unit then pres the buttoncustom unit its somewhere up not in your menu but its some button then if u done that u need to choose a basic in this ucan choose a basic out hero or unit it has big changes if u have choosen a unit u cant make a hero of it u wont get an icon or strengt int or agi the hero u pick isnt importand u can change that and also the sound and the icon its just u need to pick a hero or a unit

if u want to make a hero the first part what u see in the information is 3 times abilities
if u picked a unit u see it 2 times first one is default abilities u can inorg that dont ask for it because i am not sure what it is either Razz anyway i know u dont need that the second one is abilities - hero that are the abilities where u need to give points of a leveling hero to learn it and to use it the 3th one are the basic unit abilities like deffend of footmen this will be automatic ly learned and able to use anyway u also can use this to make a unit standart inverneble so it cant be target or atacked or u can make it permanemt inviseble

thats the irst one now we go to art - its looking much but its al for the animation and models u only need to learn this so far (i only use these also)
art - icon game interface (is the icon of the unit it will be showen in game)
art - icon scorescreen (is also the icon is showen in game only on diffrent places 1 is for hero the other is when u select more units togetter
art - model file (this one is the most importand this will show the unit who is in battle like if u choose a wolf u will have (because u picked a hero at the start) a wolf hero
art - scaling value( mostly time u dont need to change this this is how the unit will be so if u put it to 5 u gain a enormus monster)
art - selection scale = how big the circle when u select a unit minimum 0.10 cant change that
art - thining colour 1/2/3 are the colours if u make it al 0 it will be black u can swap it u can make tests with it

now we go to combat its the thing of fighting armor and attack speed damage attac ktype meelee or ranged

first uneed to do the most importands u can do more later if u figured out how it works the basic is this put
combat attack 1 -cooldown = a nice number this thing wil lgive the time how often he attacks so if it is 2 seconds he attack every 2 seconds (remember agilitie will also increses the attack speed so if u dont want to have a imba attack speed do it something like 1.5 seconds
combat attack 1 - damage base (its 1 line under cooldown) this will be de base damage so if 30 u have 30/30 damage (the primiare atribute will also increses damage so like a paladin hero base tribue is str if str = 22 then the damage = 30+22 = 55 damage
combat attack 1 - damage dice (5 lines under cooldown this is the minimum damage it has to be minimum 1 or it wont have any attack
combat attack 1 - damage sides per die (6 lines undercooldown) this is the maximum damage this also need ot be minimum 1 or the unit wont have any attack
combat attack type 1 - range wit hthis u can make a unit ranged or if u have meelee u can make it 100 for some real looking effect normal range = like 600 for archer or something if u got ranged u still need to have a projectile to launch that one =
com,bat attack 1 - project tiel (few lines up from ranged) choose a model of attacks that one will be the sots and if u choose this u need scaling projectiles tru and scale project tiel = 0.15 for normal attack size
and some last things of it is combat attzack 1 - targets (this will the targets that it may the standart = enemie and ground but if u want that it can attack crates or trees u need to put it it and dont forget buildings if u got buildings and wards that are the basics well trees not but the others are standart

attack type 2 is for like peons who cut trees and garogles who have bonus attack on attacking air well u wont really need to use for it so then u go skip that and u go to
combat attacks enabled ( this will give if attack type 1 if u can use it and attack type 2 or both or none none = the unit have no attack so if u wany a unit that doesnt attack change that line to none )
the other is defense base = the starting armor armor increses with agi and decreses with heroes is starting armor -2 with out the bonuses so ifu keep it 2 it will be 0 but u can inorg what i said u can just keep it 0 i guess
that was combat now u can skip editor not much usefulls and then we got movement
movement hight (this is for flying units how high they should be from the ground)
movement speed base is how fast it runs base = 300 of some heroes go look if the unit is small based on agi or str and put a number in it from 275 to 320
movement type u can keep itsn ot much importand
keep turn rate i dont get it if it is high fastt turnng or slow turning Razz u cant get it to 0 so..

next sounds u can put a movement sound to sound-movement a sound that will show when u walk like u hear stomp stomp stomp from magnataur
and the basic sound if u sleect the unit or give it orders
sound-unit sound set then the best is to pick the models name so it can match but u can try do something els ofc

stats: this is one of the most importand well heey are most importand bt this is the most wor kthis will do the agi str int and gold cost
first one u need to have is food cost put it on 0 if u dont use it or u cant build anyheroes if u got a revive building or u need to give it \a farm for food
gold cost = how much it cost when u buy the unit/hero in a building
hitpoints maximum = the basic hitpoints it also increses with strengt or health tombes or upgrades
hitpoints regenate = the hitpoints per second rege it also ive 0.05 bonus each strengt
and dont forget to put the 1 line under it has something same name its when u need ot regenate at night day none or always
stats - is a building yes or no with will change how u put it on the terrain mabye better if u try it out ur self
stats - lumber cost same like gold cost
stats - mana intial amount= how much the basic mana is it also increses 15 mana points per int
maximum mana = how muhc mana u start with in the mana intial amount max mana = the same like mana intial amount because thats the maximal mana
mana regenate speaks for its own now i guess its the same like hp rege
primare aribute is importand what tribute it will gains his damage and u can swap this if it is a tanker a caster or a something liek assasin a fighter (try to base it on the what kind of abilities
stats - race (where u want to place it in the editor to find it back orc human night elf or undead or demon whatever)
stats - sight radius day and night is the vision it will have day and night often is night lesser but with undead better if u do it 0 and u dont got anyvision form others u aren ot able to select this guy
stats - sleeps is the most importand for neutral units like murdoc if they sleep at night yes or no
stats - starting agi intelent and str this will give bonus hp mana and armor attack speed these are the main tributes where the ystart with remember give a str hero bit more str and lesser int and agi same with other prim atributes

now this one is a bit more up in a line try to find it
intelentent per level this will give how much int if the heroe lvl up also try this to balance this with primiare atribute
this goes the same with str per lvl and agi per lvl
u only need to find them ur self in stats - ... ^^

then we go to techtree if u got a unit or something or a building u want that it sels items makes units ectetrera ..

techtree - structures build = for the workers what it builds i only think first i should give it a ability so it could repair and mabye for building try it out ur self and go look for it
techtree -
units sold = for like a merchanery cam pwhere u can buy units in 0 seconds
stats - units trained is for like a barrack (forget to say)
look in stats somewhere and then build time this will do the time it will be rdy
stats - upgrades uses (speaks for its own)

btw making ur own upgrades and abilities is much harder abailities for sure and items also because items needs abilities in the items so try to pick non custom items for in the game the most impoirtd first is cusom units and triggers

the last the tooltips
teskt - name is the basic name of the unit so the most importand one
tekst - proper name u also can say thsat in it its the same i made in my capture the flag i made some names like scared sheep and dangerous .... or u just can make the name ted ^_^

tekst - tooltip - basic is some informatio nabout it just try something with it the most rekst are when u are dead u want to revivie u buy hero ect.

ok that was object editor - unit hope u haven earned something if u dont know it anymore keep reading it and plz post some comments Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanrgm.forumotion.com
burgerman3
burgerman3

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Basics Object Editor - Unit   Basics Object Editor - Unit Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16 2007, 14:21

well its nice on the time u made it
it helped me a lot now

Last edited by on Tue Jul 17 2007, 12:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hitman94
Admin
Admin
Hitman94

PostSubject: Re: Basics Object Editor - Unit   Basics Object Editor - Unit Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2007, 12:05

i didnt ask for a down size and ialredy knew that i was a fast typer so i make mistakes
Back to top Go down
burgerman3
burgerman3

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Basics Object Editor - Unit   Basics Object Editor - Unit Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2007, 00:06

hmm i have read it 2 times now and i keep learning things xD
Back to top Go down
Hitman94
Admin
Admin
Hitman94

PostSubject: Re: Basics Object Editor - Unit   Basics Object Editor - Unit Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2007, 11:47

good anymore commentts?

hitman ?
Back to top Go down
Hitman94

PostSubject: Re: Basics Object Editor - Unit   Basics Object Editor - Unit Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2007, 22:22

no, not really u have allready told me the things i need for my map, if i need some more for another map some day i will read the hole thing tongue
Back to top Go down
Rodead
Admin
Admin
Rodead

Male Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Basics Object Editor - Unit   Basics Object Editor - Unit Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21 2007, 02:03

good tutorial i shall post allso some hope this things is usefull
Back to top Go down
http://www.rodead.com
Hitman94
Admin
Admin
Hitman94

PostSubject: Re: Basics Object Editor - Unit   Basics Object Editor - Unit Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2007, 10:57

i also will keep posting more later when ppl ask for it and when iam much bizzy with editing ^^ Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basics Object Editor - Unit   Basics Object Editor - Unit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basics Object Editor - Unit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan RGM :: Mapping :: mapping helper-
Jump to: